Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full disclosure here.
Breakfast has got to be one of the hardest things to figure out when you go vegan and gluten free. No more bacon and eggs? No more French toast? Pancakes? Even a lot of cereals out there have honey in them.
So what are you supposed to do? Eat fruit every single morning? Nothing but smoothies from now on?
That’s what we thought here at That Gluten Free Vegan Life when we first went vegan and gluten free. Sadness literally crept over us as we realized how hard it was to figure out breakfast every single morning.
Once we came to terms with the fact we weren’t going to cheat on our gluten free vegan diet (for many reasons), nor were we about to start skipping breakfast (which is apparently very important to eat each morning) we became determined to figure out what we WERE going to eat for breakfast from now on.
Since then we’ve collected a pretty delicious line up of breakfast deliciousness that we rotate throughout each week.
These are 5 of our all-time favorite gluten free vegan breakfast recipes. Thank you to each and every gluten free vegan chef out there that puts in so much time and effort into creating these amazingly delicious recipes.
1. From Vegan Richa at veganricha.com we have her Vegan Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Muffins. These are so yummy, we make them as often as we can. As Richa puts it…”Mornings are a breeze if you have muffins like these sitting around. Lightly sweet, loaded with banana and chocolate chunks”. You HAVE to give them a try. We find them fairly quick and easy to make and they’re very tasty. We hope you love them as much as we do around here.
2. From Rhian’s Recipes at rhiansrecipes.com we bring you her Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. These are amazingly simple, since you throw the ingredients together the night before, making breakfast so fast and so easy. Tastes delicious too. As Rhian puts it…”These Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are super creamy, satisfying and nutritious. They’re the best make-ahead breakfast and are easily customizable to suit your dietary needs and preferences.” We couldn’t agree more Rhian!
3. From The Vegan 8 at thevegan8.com we have Vegan Vanilla Cake Waffles, which of course are also gluten free. These are a wonderful weekend treat for us around here and we absolutely love them. As they say over at The Vegan 8…”Yes, these really do have the flavor of vanilla cake. The flavor is off-the-charts delicious! Perfect for the weekend or for guests”. They couldn’t be more right.
4. From The Simple Vegan Blog at simpleveganblog.com we present to you Vegan Breakfast Sausage (GF too). When we start longing for breakfast meat we turn to this recipe. It takes a little bit longer than the others listed above, but it really isn’t that bad at all…and soooo worth it. How the lovelies at The Simple Vegan Blog puts it…”Vegan (GF) breakfast sausage made with textured vegetable protein, (GF) flour, vegetable stock and tons of herbs and spices. It tastes like the real thing”. That it does!
5. From Dreena Burton over at dreenaburton.com we have our final all-time favorite of Vegan Breakfast Rice Pudding. Oh so creamy and delicious. We couldn’t live without it around here. As Dreena puts it…”I used to love snack pack puddings as a kid. Fast forward to raising my own kids - no commercial vegan rice pudding to be found. That’s okay, it’s easy to make at home!”. She’s right about that!
So now you can stop wondering and fretting over what to make and eat for breakfast around your home too. Don’t be afraid to try these recipes. We promise that they’re all pretty easy to make and will be super delicious too. Now that we’ve written up this blog I think we might need to have breakfast for dinner tonight.
How about you? Which one are you going to try first?